To our dear patients and community members
We hope your family is staying safe & healthy so far this new year. We want to let you know that our office will always be committed to the safety of our team and your family. With COVID-19 numbers continuing to be high, we wanted to reach out to you to update you on what we are doing to continue to limit the spread in our community.
Please know that we are open and here for you! Health care is an essential service that will remain open and available to its patients. Dental health is extremely important and not something that should be put off, even during unusual times and especially for children. Putting off needed dental work or preventive dental care can cause smaller issues to become bigger and more costly problems down the road.
Our office has successfully been providing our patients with the same safe & exceptional care that you are accustomed to, even with the additional precautions we have put in place. In fact, we have received many accolades from the families who have recently visited us for the precautions we are taking to make them feel safe coming into the dental office amid a global pandemic.
We will continue to do what we can to keep your family and our families safe. Below are the precautions we have been taking and will continue to take:
- We are utilizing a virtual check in process. From our parking lot you will contact us via phone call/text to let us know you have arrived for your child’s appointment. We will contact you once your child’s room is ready.
- Only one parent/guardian may accompany the child into the office. All other family members including siblings without an appointment will need to remain at home or wait in the car with an adult. Unless medically unable, masks are required in our office for everyone over the age of 2.
- Pre-screening questionnaires will be completed before visits. Patients and parents/guardians are again screened upon arrival and asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Temperature checks are performed on everyone entering the office with a contactless thermometer.
- Contactless payment options and consent forms are available upon request via text message or email.
- We have eliminated all unnecessary objects from our reception area. Unfortunately, this does include all toys, video games, and magazines.
- At our prize station, patients will now select their prize at the end of the visit from a laminated menu.
- We are scheduling fewer patients at a time to allow for proper social distancing.
- All of our team members are health screened, including temperature screening and symptom checking upon arrival and are wearing masks.
- All clinical team members are wearing gowns, scrub caps, gloves and double masks which include: an N-95 mask along with a Level 2 or Level 3 mask over the N-95.
In addition, we have also modified our protocol for patients/guardians who have traveled prior to their dental visit. In order to minimize the risk of transmission, and in accordance with the Travel Order put in place by CDPH (Chicago Department of Public Health), we are asking the following: **If the patient or parent/guardian accompanying the patient has traveled outside the state of Illinois in the past 10 days, please reschedule your dental appointment to 10 days after your return.**
Thank you for your continued support. As always, reach out to us with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Stay safe and healthy,
Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids
Your Elmhurst Pediatric Dentist
Your child shines with every smile. Let’s keep it that way. A lifetime of healthy teeth starts with good brushing habits, good nutritional choices, and trust in the dentist. By teaming up with you, we can ensure that your child has a vibrant smile all the way into adulthood.
At Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids, pediatric dentistry is more than bright, healthy smiles; it’s also about making the trip to the dentist a calm, pleasant experience so there’s no fear of “next time.” As pediatric dentists, we take pride in seeing our patients grow into their adult teeth, so we’re committed to earning the trust of everyone who visits our clinic–both children and parents. That’s why we take extra time to build rapport and earn confidence; it makes the experience easier for everyone. We serve Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Addison, Melrose Park, Bensenville, Wood Dale, Northlake, Hillside, Franklin Park, Oakbrook Terrace, Oak Brook, Itasca, Bloomingdale, Glendale Heights, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Lisle, Downers Grove, Westmont, Hinsdale, Lisle, Warrenville, Winfield, Carol Stream, Roselle and the surrounding towns, areas and counties
Your Children's Dental Home
Having a dental home ensures your children receive comprehensive, long-term, and always-there dental care
in accordance with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s clinical guidelines.
Pediatric Dental Care
We are dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through their teen years.
Your Child’s First Visit
A child’s first dental visit should occur within six months after their first tooth appears but no later than their first birthday.
Kids and Teens
Teens see pediatric dentists because their jaws and faces are still growing and changing and because the last of their permanent teeth are still coming in.
Tooth decay often begins on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth because these surfaces have deep pits and grooves that trap plaque, bacteria and food. To help prevent cavities, dental sealants are recommended.
You take your child to a pediatrician… why not a pediatric dentist?
Parents are always welcome to accompany their child during the dental visit. Prior to your child’s appointment, our team will present the option to you of whether to accompany your child in the appointment, or stay behind in our reception area. We empower our parents to make that choice!
“You take your child to a pediatrician… why not a pediatric dentist?”
Our staff is trained and highly knowledgeable about providing care for children with special needs or disabilities in a comfortable and safe environment.
Our mission at Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids
is to provide the highest quality pediatric dental care for children, adolescents and patients with unique needs, in a professional, caring and comfortable environment. Our goal is to produce happy and healthy smiles, while following the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry guidelines. We are confident that our exceptional services and friendly team will exceed your expectations and make you feel safe and secure in your dental home.