To our dear patients and community members
We are excited to have seen so many familiar faces and many new faces over the last several months! If you’ve visited our office recently you probably noticed the changes we have made in order to ensure the safety of our team and all of the families who visit our practice! Dental health is super important and not something to put off, even during these unusual times and especially for children. However, we can certainly understand that some of our families may not yet be comfortable with a dental visit, or perhaps were unaware of the changes we have put in place. Our hope is to clarify and explain some of those changes with this email and with our safety video!
While many things have changed one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your family’s safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and we have always taken pride in not only meeting, but exceeding the requirements from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We want to continue to lead the charge in infection control and believe this takes more than extra wiping of door handles, use of hospital grade disinfectants, frequent hand-washing, and sanitizing rooms and equipment. Those are measures that we have always taken regularly since our inception and we will continue to do so moving forward.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office has made some changes in order to ensure that your child continues to experience the safe and exceptional care that you are accustomed to. Here are a few things that we are doing to keep our families safe:
- We are utilizing a virtual check in process. From our parking lot you will contact us via phone call/text to let us know you have arrived for your child’s appointment. We will contact you once your child’s room is ready.
- Only one parent/guardian may accompany the child into the office. All other family members including siblings without an appointment will need to remain at home or wait in the car with an adult. Unless medically unable, masks are required in our office for everyone over the age of 2.
- Pre-screening questionnaires will be completed before visits. Patients and parents/guardians are again screened and asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Temperature checks are performed on everyone entering the office with a contactless thermometer.
- Contactless payment options and consent forms are available via text message.
- We have eliminated all unnecessary objects from our reception area. Unfortunately, this does include all toys, video games, and magazines.
- At our prize station, patients will now select their prize at the end of the visit from a laminated menu.
- We are scheduling fewer patients at a time to allow for proper social distancing.
- All of our team members are health screened, including having temperatures taken upon arrival, at lunchtime, and before leaving at the end of the day and are wearing masks.
- All clinical team members are wearing disposable gowns, scrub caps, gloves, and double masks which include: an N-95 mask along with a Level 2 or Level 3 mask over the N-95
These are only some of the changes we have made to ensure everyone’s safety during this time. We are looking forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep every family safe in our practice. As always we will continue to update our office protocols with the changing guidelines put forth by the ADA, ISDS, CDC, OSHA and IDPH.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. Unfortunately this pandemic has caused several dental offices in the area to permanently close their doors. As always, we will welcome any new patients that you refer to us and will provide them with the same exceptional pediatric dental care your family has come to expect from us.
Dr. Jerry Udelson
Your Elmhurst Pediatric Dentist
Your child shines with every smile. Let’s keep it that way. A lifetime of healthy teeth starts with good brushing habits, good nutritional choices, and trust in the dentist. By teaming up with you, we can ensure that your child has a vibrant smile all the way into adulthood.
At Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids, pediatric dentistry is more than bright, healthy smiles; it’s also about making the trip to the dentist a calm, pleasant experience so there’s no fear of “next time.” As pediatric dentists, we take pride in seeing our patients grow into their adult teeth, so we’re committed to earning the trust of everyone who visits our clinic–both children and parents. That’s why we take extra time to build rapport and earn confidence; it makes the experience easier for everyone. We serve Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Addison, Melrose Park, Bensenville, Wood Dale, Northlake, Hillside, Franklin Park, Oakbrook Terrace, Oak Brook, Itasca, Bloomingdale, Glendale Heights, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Lisle, Downers Grove, Westmont, Hinsdale, Lisle, Warrenville, Winfield, Carol Stream, Roselle and the surrounding towns, areas and counties
Your Children's Dental Home
Having a dental home ensures your children receive comprehensive, long-term, and always-there dental care
in accordance with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s clinical guidelines.
Pediatric Dental Care
We are dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through their teen years.
Your Child’s First Visit
A child’s first dental visit should occur within six months after their first tooth appears but no later than their first birthday.
Kids and Teens
Teens see pediatric dentists because their jaws and faces are still growing and changing and because the last of their permanent teeth are still coming in.
Tooth decay often begins on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth because these surfaces have deep pits and grooves that trap plaque, bacteria and food. To help prevent cavities, dental sealants are recommended.
You take your child to a pediatrician… why not a pediatric dentist?
Parents are always welcome to accompany their child during the dental visit. Prior to your child’s appointment, our team will present the option to you of whether to accompany your child in the appointment, or stay behind in our reception area. We empower our parents to make that choice!
“You take your child to a pediatrician… why not a pediatric dentist?”
Our staff is trained and highly knowledgeable about providing care for children with special needs or disabilities in a comfortable and safe environment.
Our mission at Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids
is to provide the highest quality pediatric dental care for children, adolescents and patients with unique needs, in a professional, caring and comfortable environment. Our goal is to produce happy and healthy smiles, while following the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry guidelines. We are confident that our exceptional services and friendly team will exceed your expectations and make you feel safe and secure in your dental home.