To our dear patients and community members
It’s hard to believe it’s almost June! With the state of Illinois loosening up some of its restrictions we wanted to send out an office update to keep you current on changes in our office.
- We are following the CDC’s mask guidelines when it comes to healthcare settings. As we are a healthcare setting, wearing a mask is still required in our office for anyone over the age of 2 (regardless of vaccination status). This applies to anyone visiting our office as well as all of our team members.
- Beginning Tuesday, June 1st, our reception area will reopen. It will no longer be necessary for you to call or text us letting us know you have arrived for your appointment. You can come right on in! However, we will continue to have limited seating available, so if you would prefer to still wait in your car, you are welcome to still call or text us if you are more comfortable doing so.
- We continue to ask that only one parent/guardian accompany the patient into the office. All other family members, including siblings without an appointment, should remain at home or wait in the car with an adult. We are still trying to minimize the number of people in the shared space at one time.
- Our office will still be sending out a wellness screening form before each visit, will ask the same wellness questions in office and continue to temperature check upon your arrival. We appreciate your help in completing this quick and easy form before your visit.
- We do ask that if you have traveled outside of the United States that you reschedule your appointment until 10 days after your return.
If you have any questions please let us know! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Stay safe and healthy,
Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids
Your Elmhurst Pediatric Dentist
Your child shines with every smile. Let’s keep it that way. A lifetime of healthy teeth starts with good brushing habits, good nutritional choices, and trust in the dentist. By teaming up with you, we can ensure that your child has a vibrant smile all the way into adulthood.
At Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids, pediatric dentistry is more than bright, healthy smiles; it’s also about making the trip to the dentist a calm, pleasant experience so there’s no fear of “next time.” As pediatric dentists, we take pride in seeing our patients grow into their adult teeth, so we’re committed to earning the trust of everyone who visits our clinic–both children and parents. That’s why we take extra time to build rapport and earn confidence; it makes the experience easier for everyone. We serve Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Addison, Melrose Park, Bensenville, Wood Dale, Northlake, Hillside, Franklin Park, Oakbrook Terrace, Oak Brook, Itasca, Bloomingdale, Glendale Heights, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Lisle, Downers Grove, Westmont, Hinsdale, Lisle, Warrenville, Winfield, Carol Stream, Roselle and the surrounding towns, areas and counties
Your Children's Dental Home
Having a dental home ensures your children receive comprehensive, long-term, and always-there dental care
in accordance with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s clinical guidelines.
Pediatric Dental Care
We are dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through their teen years.
Your Child’s First Visit
A child’s first dental visit should occur within six months after their first tooth appears but no later than their first birthday.
Kids and Teens
Teens see pediatric dentists because their jaws and faces are still growing and changing and because the last of their permanent teeth are still coming in.
Tooth decay often begins on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth because these surfaces have deep pits and grooves that trap plaque, bacteria and food. To help prevent cavities, dental sealants are recommended.
You take your child to a pediatrician… why not a pediatric dentist?
Parents are always welcome to accompany their child during the dental visit. Prior to your child’s appointment, our team will present the option to you of whether to accompany your child in the appointment, or stay behind in our reception area. We empower our parents to make that choice!
“You take your child to a pediatrician… why not a pediatric dentist?”
Our staff is trained and highly knowledgeable about providing care for children with special needs or disabilities in a comfortable and safe environment.
Our mission at Elmhurst Dentistry for Kids
is to provide the highest quality pediatric dental care for children, adolescents and patients with unique needs, in a professional, caring and comfortable environment. Our goal is to produce happy and healthy smiles, while following the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry guidelines. We are confident that our exceptional services and friendly team will exceed your expectations and make you feel safe and secure in your dental home.